Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / It is all fake. / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

It is all fake. (28)

Posted: 05/14/2004 10:20:22 PM

Reply Quoted  

[quote:e6d8500e50="ggarnes"]
As for me, I've already moved on, because I don't believe in rewarding a company that can demonstrate such a high level of incompetence, and then blame the customers for being upset. It shows a complete lack of leadership and customer relations skills, and I'm not sure I would want to risk my money on another product from such a company.

I now use Focal Media's Powerseek for my directories and it's been great. It gets crawled in Google like crazy, and it's been a blessing. The company actually does what it says it's going to do, and is very pleasant about resolving glitches.

I think the remedy here is to look elsewhere and not reward this company with your business, knowing how they prefer to mistreat their customers. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Focal Media would offer some dramatic discount to recruit us all over to their product. Maybe we should look into that. Then, Intech could take as long as they like developing the product that will never come.

Warmest regards,

Glenn[/quote:e6d8500e50]

Greetings Glen and everyone else

I understand the dissappointment and any other feeling or emotion that we may all have including me over what has happened with In-Portal.

I too have reached a point after being patient with Pavel and the team at Intechnic with the development of this software. I have waiting around every since the original annoucement but simply have to move on. I recently asked in the support section about In-Portal and the reply given was "I do not understand why you do not believe that In-Portal exists".

With that and everything else that has been said in various forums and issues we have with trying to grow our site and no actual visible site using In-Portal or even a demo version running on Intechnic's web sites we have had to conclude we need to be looking elese for a base piece of software we can run our directory and build everything else around it.

As we were originally using Gosammer's Links2 we will most probably run with them as they have been around for a long time now and have proved themselves and have other software that can either plug-in or run alongside their links program. We may have to spend up to $10,000NZD for software and design so we end up with a full portal - directory,email,forum,shopping cart,job listing and classified sections but it gives us a base to build for the future without having to spend large amounts of dollars should we wish to add any other services later on.

I wish Intechnic all the best for the future but there does come a time when there is a point of no return for customers like us and to retain us you as a company do have to perform to those things that have been stated and put out in the public arena - thats just commercial reality. Fail to and you lose customers big time and they go away invarabily not promoting a company that has not performed but actually advising potential clients to go elsewhere.

Blessing to you all and we continue to run In-link until the time we are in a financial position to switch.

Posted: 05/19/2004 4:49:12 AM

Reply Quoted  

I'd rather wait a long time for a quality product then, something that's rushed.

Pavel, I give you kudos' for not caving into the pressure and releasing some buggy script just to please some of those who are very ungrateful.

Posted: 05/20/2004 1:40:56 PM

Reply Quoted  

I have given my thoughts on the in-portal "discussion" yet so I think I will now.
I do think that in-portal exists, and if you have enough money you can get it now. Anybody that has been here for a while has seen this post so you know in-portal can be done.

That post was made nearly a year ago. I find it hard to believe that if intechnic were truly dedicated to releasing this product, that from that to a release should be possible within one year. I realize that intechnic is in business to make money, and they can do business how they see fit. It has become obvious to me that if you want in-portal anytime soon, you will have to pay intechnic to customize a version for you, or write your own code.

I have had custom work done to my in-link by intechnic, and am happy with the work done. However by the cost for the work I have had done, I am sure it would be very expensive to have your custom in-portal built. That is why I figure if I want to have in-portal or anything like it, I either need to learn to write my own code, or look elsewhere. :roll:

[quote:c6a06a5d52="Pavel"]If you really want to discuss this further, please call me at my office, or send me email/PM with a number and time best to reach you. This online discussion is going nowhere as far as I am concerned. I will be happy to debate this further on individual bases over the phone; forum just does not seem to be the right medium to solve this - when I post "A" and replies come in as "No, B".... So once again, I'd like to conclude this thread, and anybody who wants to peruse it - call or PM me.[/quote:c6a06a5d52]
I have to agree with you that this is going nowhere, but I have never really seen it as a discussion. To be a discussion there should be two sides, however this is mainly people asking questions and getting no answers. I have no need to call or pm as I am not interested in spending huge amounts of money to cover the cost of a project that was obviosly under estimated. I also have no need to debate with you about anything either as if you ever feel like releasing the product you will. :D

Anyway do not get me wrong as I am happy with in-link and it still performs well for me. I also do not believe that you owe me any more than I already have. I am unsure however if I would have ever bought the product in the first place had you not been talking of this great new product due to be released (already a little late) when I purchased my license. Of course this was nearly 2 years ago and you have since learned your lesson on posting dates.

From this post [quote:c6a06a5d52="Andrew"]I can definitely promise you one thing – YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED![/quote:c6a06a5d52] Well let me just say I am disappointed.

[quote:c6a06a5d52="Mowse"]I'd rather wait a long time for a quality product then, something that's rushed.
[/quote:c6a06a5d52]
The only thing I can say to that is enjoy the wait, and if you wait long enough the product you are waiting for may just be obsolete when you get it.

Regards...

Posted: 05/24/2004 4:37:45 AM

Reply Quoted  

[quote:0a9f5a56ed="starchdoggy"]

[quote:0a9f5a56ed="Mowse"]I'd rather wait a long time for a quality product then, something that's rushed.
[/quote:0a9f5a56ed]
The only thing I can say to that is enjoy the wait, and if you wait long enough the product you are waiting for may just be obsolete when you get it.
[/quote:0a9f5a56ed]

and in the script world, it takes years for that to happen.

Posted: 05/24/2004 11:28:59 AM

Reply Quoted  

[quote:7b3d326b3b="Mowse"]and in the script world, it takes years for that to happen.[/quote:7b3d326b3b]

You are probably right, but remember it has been years coming already.

Posted: 05/24/2004 5:28:18 PM

Reply Quoted  

[quote:792c51f5b6="Pavel"]

No one has paid us as much as a cent for what has been coined here “vaporware” In-portal. And yes, we intended to deliver In-portal when we announced it. Then we ran into problems with features, programming resources and all kinds of things – but there was no way back after the initial announcement. So we stuck with it, and today it’s a 90-95% finished software. Anybody on the beta team can confirm it – it’s running on the site specifically set up for that. We continue working on it every day, little by little. And I don’t know when we are going to be 100% done and ready to release. That’s all there is to it.[/quote:792c51f5b6]

It's word waiting a long time because , I can confirm the above quote from pavel.
and when you see in-portal working you will love it. !!!!!

Posted: 05/26/2004 12:30:19 AM

Reply Quoted  

[quote:9c239a6f88="Ricomtelecom"]

It's word waiting a long time because , I can confirm the above quote from pavel. and when you see in-portal working you will love it. !!!!![/quote:9c239a6f88]

Hey there Ricomtelecom!

Thanks for the posting. However it really is Seeing Is Believing time. Fine to see encouraging posts such as yours, however remember all of those who have not had the privilage of being beta testers have been waiting for two years to see even a beta version.

Posted: 05/26/2004 12:30:35 AM

Reply Quoted  

xxx

Posted: 05/29/2004 1:04:36 PM

Reply Quoted  

I seen a lot of posts in this thread about the release of InPortal. I also see that a few guys here had the luck, as me, to try the Beta version and throw away a few bugs.

The worst of all the things happened from 2003 'till these days can be resumed in a few lines from my point of view:

1. after one month of beta tests during which the developer team seemed to work quite much to the project no more posts were written in the beta testers forum. What the heck happened to all these guys? Are they still alive???

2. Pavel said to call him by phone, mail or PM... well... I did that a few times. No answer. Is he still alive???

3. I logged again in the beta testers version of InPortal... something has changed in the DB. Someone worked with it in the last couple of centuries and well washed the SQL DB with hot water. Is it good or is it supposed to be a special "kill 'em all" bug we didn't discover during the beta tests?

The question is one and is quite simple to guess: IS THERE STILL SOMEONE WORKING ON THIS PROJECT???

Obviously with the term "working" I mean 8 hours a day... not a minute less.

I believe that InTechnic had delays and maybe the project is not a real business for them anymore... but.. don't you think is at least time to simply say: we didn't managed to make business out of this project. We had to move to something else! Have a nice day!

My 2 cents,
Federico (a once happy betatester)

Posted: 05/29/2004 1:09:09 PM

Reply Quoted  

Err... sorry about the 3 posts.... I had a few problems with the forum scripts and thought it was not even posted once... ops:

Page:     1 2 3